Sunday 20 January 2008

A Welcome and an Introduction.

I was inspired to start this blog by Laura of eatingwithyouranorexic.blogspot, whose excellent blog is helping to dispel many of the myths and secrecy surrounding the illness of Anorexia Nervosa and whose advocacy is helping to build better understanding of and better/more effective treatment options for those who are unfortunate enough to be afflicted with this illness.

I am a 35 year old woman who has been "living" with Anorexia Nervosa (in varying degrees of severity) for the past 27 years. I first developed the disease in childhood (age 8), at a time when Anorexia Nervosa was not well recognised in children, hence the illness went unrecognised and untreated for many years.

The purpose of this blog is to share information on Anorexia Nervosa and hopefully to try and dispell some of the myths and misinformation that still abounds and to also allow you an insight into what it is like to "live" with Chronic Anorexia Nervosa.

I look forward to your company as I share my journey and the knowledge I have gained over the years.

No comments: